
Well today was, sadly, the one year anniversary of the death of our nephew, Ethan. My sister decided to have this day be an "Errands For Ethan" day each year-where we do random acts of kindness in his memory. I hope this tradition will stick around forever...I love remembering him and it was fun to do all of this today! Here is how we honored his memory today....Well, lucky for me, I have the best new cousin ever! Elizabeth-my cousin Drew's wife-came up with so many awesome ideas for today!!
Here's some pics from the day showing what we did....

We set up an easter egg hunt at the park for whoever found it. All the eggs were filled with little prizes. Then we got a couple Walmart gift cards and left them on people's windshields in the parking lot. We took some flowers and coloring books with crayons to the hospital for whatever patients the nurses thought could use them. Then we dropped off a bunch of cards (made by my next door neighbors kindergarden class) to the old folks home.

It was a lot of fun and Camden got to help out a lot! I'm so happy we have a way to spend this day each year besides sitting at home and being sad:(








Here's some pics from the day showing what we did....
We set up an easter egg hunt at the park for whoever found it. All the eggs were filled with little prizes. Then we got a couple Walmart gift cards and left them on people's windshields in the parking lot. We took some flowers and coloring books with crayons to the hospital for whatever patients the nurses thought could use them. Then we dropped off a bunch of cards (made by my next door neighbors kindergarden class) to the old folks home.
It was a lot of fun and Camden got to help out a lot! I'm so happy we have a way to spend this day each year besides sitting at home and being sad:( 







2 comments:
WOW! This is so amazing Cynthia! what an awesome way to remember little Ethan!!! I bet it felt so good to do nice things for thers in Ethans memory and I cant imagine the way the people felt who got the gift cars with the note and picture of Ethan! Just seeing it made me cry! I hope everyone passes it on in his memory! Lots of love for your family!
Love it! Ethan would've had the best time doing those things. I know he was watching! And, didn't it make the day better? I am doing this every year. It really helps to think outside of my own misery. Thank you for being an amazing sister! You've been there through it all! Ethan was like one of yours so I know you hurt more than people realize! I love you!!!
Post a Comment