Well I have 7 weeks left before baby Carson gets here:)! Can't wait! 3rd pregnancy and I am still NOT a fan of being pregnant. This time I have been struggling with pelvic issues where my pelvis doesn't stay in place and it is extremely painful. Oh the joys! Anyway, only 7 more weeks...I have to keep telling myself- I can make it that much longer;) On to the good stuff.....
Camden...I think it has been long enough that I can finally share this story...it was a bit traumatizing for me. Months ago Camden had his friend, Isaac, over. They had just eaten lunch and Creston had just come home from work for lunch so we sent them outside to play while Creston and I stayed inside to eat and chat. Keep in mind-our backyard is completely fenced and we even have a lock on the gate that leads to the front yard....so I ALWAYS send my kids out back to play and keep the back door open so I can hear them but screen closed. Anyway, we're sitting there talking for like 5-10 minutes and realized we can't hear the boys outside so I asked Creston to go check on them. He goes out back and they are nowhere to be found. He yelled in to me that he couldn't find them so I ran out front, yelling there names, down the street....nothing. At this point, I panic. I called 911 and was crying so hard I couldn't talk...it took me a second to say that my child and his friend were missing....she asked there ages and where we were located and then calmed me down saying, there are 2 little boys with an officer right now down at the railroad tracks near your house so that's probably them. Relief! She said that someone saw them walking...alone...and called the police, who was right around the corner. So in a matter of just a few minutes, Camden and Isaac had managed to climb our back fence, walk down the rugged terrain to the railroad tracks, be spotted, and have a police officer meet them. We raced down to the tracks to meet the officer, still bawling, from being so scared and the officer decided to lecture us on our parenting. Now, let me just say...I get that it must have looked bad BUT he saw how concerned we were, how fast we got down to meet him. He told us that this age of kids is too young to let play in a fenced backyard without an adult outside with them at all times....I don't know ANYONE who sits outside with there kids every time in a fully fenced backyard?? He said that he was a little concerned how long it took to realize they were gone...5-10 minutes...really?! We thought they were playing out back! Anyway, after our lecture we took the boys and went home...dramatic day!
On to happier things...Camden is so tenderhearted and has said some really sweet things lately that I want to share. He got a card in the mail from his grandma Marilyn, opened it, and said, "mom-this doesn't break my heart, this puts my heart back together when it's sad!" What??!! So cute though:) The other day he was looking through pictures on my phone and came across a picture of two young women medallion necklaces. He said, "mom, these are beautiful...I wish I could get these for you for your birthday!" So sweet! What 4 year old would think like that? Then, on Sunday we went up to the forest to cook some smores. Creston and the boys went looking around for some firewood while I waited back at the campsite. Creston said there were literally like 2 tiny little flowers in the entire space they had walked and Camden managed to spot both of them, pick them, and say he wanted to surprise mom with these flowers. LOVE him:)
Cade...This kid is adorable. He loves his big brother and I don't think has ever called him by name, but always refers to him as brutter:) He always yells, "brutter mon!" meaning...brother come on. Or "brutter seeping"...meaning brother is sleeping. It's so cute and I hope it never stops! He's getting a lot better at talking and is growing up so much...he doesn't even cry at preschool anymore-he loves it now. He likes to go to friends houses with brutter and doesn't care anymore if I stay or not. We have attempted potty training...for the 2nd try...these past few weeks. He is now fully "pee" potty trained but still refuses to go poop on the big potty. At least now he will tell us if he has to go, we put a pull up on him, and he goes. We change him immediately back to underwear...so there are no accidents so it's not so bad. One day he won't be scared of the big potty anymore;)
His favorite thing to do, lately, is watch videos of himself on my phone...he LOVES this and thinks it's so hilarious:) He has one habit we are really trying to break but at the same time think it's kind of funny...whenever he gets REALLY mad at his brother, he raises his hand in the air, and kind of grunts, "ah, ah, ah, ah!" chasing his brother around with his hand raised just threatening to hit. If he makes it to his brother without being stopped he does hit...SO that's why were trying to break this habit of his. Creston especially thinks it is hilarious though.
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment