May 14, 2012

Mothers Day

Mothers Day has become my new favorite day.  I love being a mom and I love hearing the funny things my kids say-well really just Camden right now but Cade is a funny guy too:)  My favorite part of Mothers Day this year was watching Camden sing in his first primary program in church.  He was sooo excited to go up on the "stage" and sing.  He had a huge smile the whole way up and went straight for the microphone like he was planning on doing a solo.  They moved him into place and he was front and center of course so we had a great view of him the whole time.  He sang great-we had practiced with him-we followed Aunt Kim's example of bribing him with candy and popsicles to practice the song.  Bribes with food and candy always work well with Camden.  The only way it could have been better is if Cade had sang too-he's still got a few more years though:(  In primary they asked the kids questions and they filled in the answers they were given.  Here was Camden's.......

1.)  My mom's job is.........."give treats"
2.)  My mom's favorite color is........."green"
3.)  My mom's favorite food is........."grapes"
4.)  My mom's favorite thing to do is..........."get flowers"
5.)  The best thing about my mom is......."she likes butterflies"

I love it!!!  The best thing about me is that I love butterflies???  And my job is to give him treats???  He lives in his own little land but is the greatest.  He made a card for me with his babysitter the night before and was sooo excited to give it to me in the morning.  Creston had to stop him from coming in to wake me up to show me the card.  His daddy convinced him to help make breakfast first and then give me my card:)  It was a great day.  I love my boys!!!

I think Mother's Day was a hard day for Creston since his mom just passed away.  She was an amazing mom, mother-in-law, and grandma.  She raised an incredible son who wants to live his life in a way that she would be proud.  I know she is looking down on him and is proud of the man he is.  

No comments: