April 7, 2010

Cade update and Camden Easter

Cade update-Cade had his CT scan on Monday and it came back abnormal showing that his skull had closed to early on the right side and he would need surgery. We met with the neurosurgeon and plastic surgeon this morning and they explained everything to us and told us Cade would need the surgery between 6-8 weeks old. So we are going to schedule it for about 3 weeks from now which will be his seventh week. They normally do this surgery bettween 6 and 9 months of age but because of the severity of Cade's (they don't want it to put any pressure on his brain)they thought it would be best to do it soon. So he will have the surgery and be in the ICU for a few days and then he will have to wear a helmet for a few months afterwards to make sure his head is shaping correctly. As for his seizures, they still don't know the cause of those yet. All of his blood work has come back normal so far and his MRI showed no abnormalities in his brain. We are still waiting to hear back on some more blood work and his urine results. The neurologist wants us to meet with genetics to have some testing done to see if they can figure out a coorelation between the seizures and the craniosynistosis.

Here some pictures of Camden on his easter egg hunt in our backyard. It was so funny to watch him. We filled most of his eggs with grapes because I didn't want him to eat that much candy and the first ten or so eggs he found had grapes and he was happy enough with that and would eat them until he found one that had candy in it. Then, everytime after that, if it was one with a grape he would get so mad and throw it down. It was pretty funny:)

5 comments:

Traci Butler said...

Oh dear - that has got to be tough to hear that your baby has to have such a big surgery! Hope all goes well. If you need a sitter for Camden ever just give me a call. Jack would love to have a friend :) and by the way... I was so far off of his weight haha. He is 26.8! Aren't I just a little liar!

My number is 928 243 0152 if you need anything!

Jen said...

I can only imagine how hard that is for you guys to be waiting on such a scary surgery. I hope that baby Cade gets well soon and that everything goes smoothly. We will keep you guys in our prayers. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask. We love you!

-Jen, Derald, and Arthur.

DeWitts said...

Cade is adorable and i'm so happy for you guys. I promise i'm not a crazy person. I've know Creston for a long time. Brittany is a close friend. I hope that Cade's surgery goes well. I had seizures when i was a baby but my parents didn't find out until i was about 7, it lasted until i was 12 years old. Its not a easy thing to go through and it was so hard on my parents. I hope you can find a way to keep it under control and that Cade will soon stop having them. My doctor told me the younger you are the easier it is to grow out of them. I will be praying for him and comfort you and Creston.

Marti

Lisa said...

I am sorry things have been so stressful! You are in our prayers! Our little Brynn had surgery at 8 weeks, I remember how stressful it was, please let me know if there is anything I can do! Your little guys are adorable!!!

Fortune Cookies said...

Cynthia!!! I'm so sorry to hear about Cade...that has got to be so hard right now. Know that I'm thinking and praying for you and your family! I love and miss you so much! My nephew had seizures when he was little, too. But now he's okay and healthy and all..so hopefully all goes well! It's comforting to know that we have the gospel in times like this to help pull us all through. Love you girl.