July 24, 2012

Spittle Family Reunion

Madilyn and Brady getting rides from Parker on the luggage cart at the hotel.

Grandpa Chuck getting ready for his turn at the dunk tank:)

Most RANDOM place I've ever been in my life!  We went to visit these caverns in Woodstock and there was a parade float museum and bee village all right there with the caverns.....you're ticket includes all three:)

Brady sporting his glow sticks at the dance on Saturday night.

More randomness.....this was in front of the bee village

I HATE bees!!!!!

Leah, me, and Barak on one of the parade floats.

Barak, me and Leah on another parade float.

Inside the caverns....they were pretty neat actually....very pretty.

Leah, me, Barak, and Greg inside the caverns.  I'm holding a  cucumber oil soaked cue-tip.  I was nervous about going in the caverns because I am super claustrophobic and they told me I was supposed to sniff it if I was feeling too claustrophobic and it would relax me???:)  Guess it worked....I did fine....gave me a huge headache though!

Leah and I waiting for the elevator ride to take us down into the caverns.

Barak on yet another random giant statue in front of the bee village.


Greg with giant bear in cavern museum.

Leah and I waiting for the planetarium movie to start at the air and space museum in Washington DC.  Creston saw this pic and asked why I was sitting on the ground and not in a chair next to Leah?  haha:)  hilarious because when we got there Leah asked the lady if we could just sit in those chairs and wait(pointing to this wall) and we were cracking up because the chairs are just painted on the wall...definately not real!

White house

The Wright Brothers at the Air and Space Museum.

Me, Greg, and Leah in front of the Washington Monument.

Greg and Leah on the Metro:)  I decided the Metro is the COOLEST thing ever!  I wish they had something like this in every city!  We took it everywhere on Friday....made it so easy to walk around to everything.

As I was packing for this trip on Thursday Camden decided to cut Cade's  hair:)!  He got a hold of the little battery operated clippers that are meant to trim around the ears and cut a nice chunk out of his hair.

And here's the chunk he took out of his own hair.....not as big but still noticeable.
So I had a blast on this trip to my family reunion!  I had fun having a few days without my kids but I also thought of them the whole time thinking how cool they would have thought everything was and how much fun they would be having.  I hope to be able to bring Creston and the kiddos with me to the next one!  Friday I spent the whole day with Greg and Leah in Washington DC....we did the Holocaust Museum and the Air and Space Museum and saw all the sights.  Saturday was the reunion.  We did pics, carnival, dinner, and a dance.  In between Greg, Leah, Barak, and I went to the caverns (which had the bee village and float museum with it:)).  Sunday we went out to eat with my mom and dad and spent the day traveling back home.  It was two hours to the airport, 41/2 hours on the plane, then 4 hours driving back to Morenci.  Long day!

No comments: