August 15, 2012

Camden: 1st day of preschool

Camden's pet caterpillar, Hulk.
Elizabeth gave me this idea off of pinterest.  You're supposed to ask them what they want to be when they grow up each school year but Camden's answer to that was...."I want to dress up in costumes when I'm older."  Lovely.  So I left that one off:)

He's so darn cute.

I asked Camden what kind of backpack he wanted and he told me Spongebob.  I HATE Spongbob, by the way.  I think  it's a rude and kind of naughty show.  Anyway, I still let him watch it occasionally-I need to stop.  Nevertheless, this was the LAST Spongebob backpack left in WalMart when we got there!!  Yay for Camden:)



Wierd face...don't know where he's looking but this is the only pic I took of him in the classroom.

These are the shirts that Uncle Drew and Aunt Elizabeth got them from there trip to Sedona.  Cade's is a cowboy and Camden says his is Rango (it's a lizard).

Here's how they fell asleep the other night.  Sort of cuddleing...so cute:)

Camden has officially started preschool.  I felt like every mom on the planet was crying on the first day of school and I wasn't...I was so excited for him to go.  I thought, maybe I'm supposed to be sad right now??  But I wasn't.....until I got home and read the darn poem they sent home with the parents on that first day...all about   leaving your precious child with them and how they know I am entrusting them in there care and they will treat them each as a gentle spririt...etc.  That hit me....that my little guy is going to be with other people now....without me around to comfort him if someone is mean or to help him if he's confused.  I have no control over the envirornment and I don't like that.  Anyway, I still feel a bit wierd each day sending him off to "other people" but I am glad for the time he gets with other kids and I'm glad for the time Cade and I get together.
Camden has recently become really into caterpillars.  I guess it is caterpillar season right now and just the other day he found 5 in our backyard.  He found a really special one that was bigger than all the other ones and was green(all the others were yellow) so he kept this one and named it Hulk.  He is OBSESSED with Hulk.  The other day he woke up at 5:30, went straight to the backyard to play with Hulk and didn't come in till it was time to leave for preschool.  Then, right when he got home from school he went straight back outside with Hulk.  The other night I heard him out in the kitchen and I thought...dang it it's morning already....until I looked at the clock.  3:00a.m.  Camden comes into my room at that point and says, "Mom, my caterpillar hasn't gone to sleep yet!"  I told him his caterpillar will go to sleep when it's tired, now go back to bed.  He's very cute with it.  He brought it into the family room to watch Godzilla with him, he moves it to the shade when he thinks it's tired and ready for a nap.  I hope it lives a little while longer because it sure does entertain him:)

Cade hasn't had as much going on lately but is as cute as ever.  I think the funniest thing he does is when he talks to his Grandpa Steve.  He doesn't call him Grandpa Steve he just says, "Hi Steve" or "Bye Steve".  It's hilarious!  I think he is loving his alone time while Camden is at preschool.  He's a much quieter, calmer child then Camden so he likes the peace.  He still HATES nursery at church.  He screams and cries and grips on to me like he is being murdered as soon as we enter the room.  I feel bad for him.  I think with all the kids and noise it's just a little much for him.  He's a sweet boy....will cuddle for as long as you will let him.  He LOVES cars.  He has a toy car that, I think, Adam and Jenessa got him for his birthday last year??  Anyway, he could play with that thing all day...he loves to roll it back and forth along the couch.  Heaven forbid anyone is sitting on the couch EVER because he will move you right off so he can roll his car.  If we are reading a book and there are a trillion things in the picture he will point to the one little tiny car that's hard to see in the background and yell, CAR!  I think it has some to do with the fact that he still can't say very many words so he's super excited when he has one that he knows what it is.  It's hilarious though:)  The other day Cade ate half of a dishwasher detergent tablet.  That freaked us out a bit....we called poisen control and they said as long as he is still swallowing okay he will be fine.  Crazy days.  We LOVE our boys so much!!  They keep our life entertaining:)

1 comment:

Life In a Blended Family said...

I called to tell you this but no answer so here it is. I love your blog so much because you use it as a journal. The Spongebob side notes made me laugh out loud and I felt like we were having a conversation about it in person! I love it. The boys are so cute! Can't wait for updates! Love you!